The Team programme re-engages young people, helping them to think about their futures. Young people, aged 16 to 25, will become part of a team of about 15 people and will:
- Learn the importance of team work
- Spend a week in a residential activity centre
- Undertake special projects based in the local community
- Complete a work placement
- Participate in a team challenge involving caring for others
- Stage a team presentation
The participants will also be given the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications.
Where Can Your Study on the Team Programme?
Students take part on the Team programme at our Houghall Campus in Durham.
From September 2022 the Prince's Trust programme will also be available at our Peterlee campus.
The College recently underwent a stunning £13.25 million redevelopment, so you can be sure Houghall is an excellent place to study. To see more details on our great facilities at the Houghall Campus, check out Our Facilities section.
FACT: Over 115,000 people have taken part since the programme was launched in 1990.
FACT: In a recent survey 90% of participants felt they could work more effectively with others in a team after completing the programme.